Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 39: New York Knicks (22-15) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-16)
(01-12-2024, 11:37 AM)omahen Wrote: I think he is the best defender Mavs had in the Luka years. By far.

I think Dorian was in the same class.  Not as quick, but bigger.  I would rather have Dorian guarding 4s and DJJ guarding 2s, but I think they have similar defensive impact.  I would not mind having both.

(01-12-2024, 11:08 AM)Winter Wrote: I think there are a lot of NBA players which play long minutes with a 32-33% 3-pt shot (PS being one of them). DJJ's recent history suggests that's probably where he will be at the end of the year. He does so much elsewhere (unlike, say, Reggie Bullock) with rebounds and defense, that I don't think he's yanked out of the lineup as easily as some other players might.

I don't really think PS is a good comparison.  He can create his own shot and create for others.  I don't think you will see defenses ignoring him.  Its not that DJJ will not have value on the court, but there is a huge difference in his value if he is shooting 36% from 3 vs 32.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 39: New York Knicks (22-15) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-16) - by mvossman - 01-12-2024, 11:53 AM