Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 39: New York Knicks (22-15) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-16)
(01-12-2024, 10:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Derrick Jones is working his butt off.  Defending and had another huge dunk.  His ability to create when defenses are scrambling is huge.  He also looks like he is dealing with some nagging injuries. 

The one concern is his shooting.  He is getting wide open looks.  He is down to 34% from three.  I think that is sustainable with everything else he is doing.  But he is at 25% over the last 10 games.  Needs to be a mid 30's shooter.  Last night, the Knicks were giving him the three when doubling Kyrie.

Absolutely right.

The team obviously needs what he brings to the table pretty desperately. However, there seems to be a misconception that the good things he does will somehow offset his inability to shoot, should that trend continue. That just isn’t true. You can’t have somebody out there who the other team doesn’t have to guard. The end, period.

Because I enjoy what DJJ brings to the table so much, I sincerely hope he starts hitting shots again. He doesn’t have to be Hardaway, but he has to hold a defender in place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 39: New York Knicks (22-15) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-16) - by KillerLeft - 01-12-2024, 10:58 AM