Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 28: Dallas Mavericks (16-11) @ Houston Rockets (13-12)
That was really rough. Low expectations going in but they managed to look worse than my expectations. Congratulations? A lot of players I could note my disappointment in but why waste words. I am sure these guys don’t practice much together but disappointed our game plan was to run the Luka offense with guys who cannot run it. Does Kidd have anything in his bag doing anything strategic or different? Lackluster performance from the coaching staff too.

Maxi was a bright spot. He just isn’t ready yet. Will it happen this year? My guess is no. But a lot of positive things. If he gets playing time, pair him with Kyrie and youth. He looks much better playing with speed and when things are hectic. Having him play in a slow pace and go to the corner on offense really highlights his weaknesses.

The three two way guys are all long shots but I must admit the Mavs did pretty well there. All three have at least characteristics of what we need. Lawson is speed and athleticism. Dennis is athleticism and defense. Brown is athleticism. Being able to shoot and now how to play high in ball is what will determine if they ever make a roster. I just don’t know if Lawson is going to shoot well enough. Probably the same for Dennis and Brown. Dennis is that long athlete that teams will take long looks at. Brown is still 22. Keep him for another year. Some Derrick Jones he in his game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 28: Dallas Mavericks (16-11) @ Houston Rockets (13-12) - by Chicagojk - 12-23-2023, 07:35 AM