Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 27: Los Angeles Clippers (17-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (16-11)| 120-111 loss
(12-21-2023, 08:53 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: One positive from last night was a pretty solid game from Jaden Hardy.  He's starting to look less lost on defense as well.  In fact his Defensive EPM is at -1.3 for the season.  In comparison, THJ is at -2.5 for the season.  Hardy hasn't played a lot of minutes so that number may not have a ton of meaning but it's still encouraging.  I'd like to see Hardy take a few of THJ's minutes per game.

For the most part, he hasn't been good this year.   I hope it is the regular up and down of a young player trying to find a footing.   Last year was hopeless for the team.  He was just going out there and trying to score.   This year, when he is in the game it matters.    Learning to play when your minutes matter is a process, and not just trying to get 18 points in a meaningless game.   It is probably difficult for him too because he has played one way for most of his career.   There needs to be an adjustment for the role he is currently in.   I just feel like he has the ability to make shots in big situations.    His other parts of his game needs growth.  I also like how Kidd has found minutes for him even when the team is healthy.   I think that shows they have bigger hopes for him moving forward.  Still needs plenty of development.  The team was probably hoping he would force Kidd to give him minutes.  That hasn't happened yet, but maybe it is something we see as the years goes on.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 27: Los Angeles Clippers (17-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (16-11)| 120-111 loss - by Chicagojk - 12-21-2023, 09:03 AM