Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 26: Denver Nuggets (17-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (16-9) | 8:00pm CST
(12-19-2023, 12:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think he is what he is and boy can his game can look ugly if he doesn't hit multiple 3's.  I think you will continue to see the 5-6 point games and then a 16-20 point game every 5 games or so.   Does that production warrant a future starting spot?   When everyone is healthy his poor games hopefully will not stick out as much and he can be a guy who take 6-7 shots per game with most being open threes.   

The area I want to see cleared up with him is his defense.   The perimeter defense has been a little disappointing but that was something Boston fans warned us about.   Hopefully as the team gets better on defense, you see his benefits guarding bigger bodies.   My big concern is the lapses.  The slow rotations, losing a guy on a backcut or not blocking out, etc.   We allow Luka to do this in the regular season because of everything else Luka does well.   Guys like Grant can't have the same mistakes.  They have to do all the small things well so Luka and Kyrie can do what they are good at.

All this is why Boston made him expendable, and let him walk. His consistency is mind-blowing. The same could be said of Marcus Smart. He was the heartbeat of the Celtics and had a good run, but Derrick White is the overall better player which made him expendable as well. Boston has a great roster. The parts just fit. Especially adding Kristaps and Jrue. Those moves Stephens made have them as one of the Finals favorites.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 26: Denver Nuggets (17-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (16-9) | 8:00pm CST - by HoosierDaddyKid - 12-19-2023, 01:45 PM