Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 26: Denver Nuggets (17-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (16-9) | 8:00pm CST
(12-19-2023, 02:36 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yeah the first 10 games with Williams I really had to eat crow, but the last 15 games. Yikes. The best comparison right now is probably SF Wes "Robin Hood" Matthews. Too small for his position, defensive reputation better than reality and arguably a bottom five 2pt shooter. You chase him off the 3pt line, it´s almost an automatic miss. If the Spurs don´t swap, it´s still a fair price for a back-up PF. If they swap it might look brutal. Confused

I think he is what he is and boy can his game can look ugly if he doesn't hit multiple 3's.  I think you will continue to see the 5-6 point games and then a 16-20 point game every 5 games or so.   Does that production warrant a future starting spot?   When everyone is healthy his poor games hopefully will not stick out as much and he can be a guy who take 6-7 shots per game with most being open threes.   

The area I want to see cleared up with him is his defense.   The perimeter defense has been a little disappointing but that was something Boston fans warned us about.   Hopefully as the team gets better on defense, you see his benefits guarding bigger bodies.   My big concern is the lapses.  The slow rotations, losing a guy on a backcut or not blocking out, etc.   We allow Luka to do this in the regular season because of everything else Luka does well.   Guys like Grant can't have the same mistakes.  They have to do all the small things well so Luka and Kyrie can do what they are good at.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 26: Denver Nuggets (17-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (16-9) | 8:00pm CST - by Chicagojk - 12-19-2023, 12:36 PM