Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derrick Jones Jr - is the improvement real?
(11-17-2023, 10:48 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Wow...internet is telling me he is only 26.  Thought he had been around longer and was near 30 at least.

Are we so sure this just isnt a case of Mavs' roster being trash as far as bball skilled players go until like last year.  He is a breath of fresh air if sustained...but I think the simplest answer is he is a bball player with bball skills...and you want to acquire similar guys.  Mavs have been stuck with guys that cant catch a bball, cant dribble a bbal,  cant shoot a bball, cant pass a bball.  DJJ seems like MJ compared to recent players on the Mavs.

It's pretty crazy thinking that the Mavs ran out Aaron Holiday, Franky Smokes, AJ Lawson, Reggie Bullock, all on the wing last season. All of them are fringe NBA players at best. 

DJJ does seem like Jordan compared to all of those guys. I'm trying not to fall in love with him but his athleticism is something the Mavs sorely need from their SF.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Derrick Jones Jr - is the improvement real? - by SleepingHero - 11-18-2023, 01:19 AM