Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 5: Denver Nuggets (5-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-1) | 114-125 loss
Kyrie Irving felt rusty in his return from a two-game injury absence, but he sees a lot of positives from how the Mavericks played after a poor first half:

"I felt rusty to begin the game. We are in Denver, a mile above sea level, so I knew it would be interesting tonight, going against a well-oiled machine. They're the champions of the league. They showed they're great in their intensity and a lot of effort plays tonight. I think we can take this kind of butt-whooping that we took in the first half and really learn some things.

"We had a good second half or last three quarters. We can take some of the positives, but a lot of it was just effort plays and position plays that we can improve on, and I think it's good that we fixed it earlier in the season so it can help us later on down the line, it was a good experience."
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-03-2023, 02:56 PM
RE: Game 5: Denver Nuggets (5-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-1) | 114-125 loss - by SleepingHero - 11-04-2023, 11:00 AM