Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN!
Before i start with my 1st game observations, welcome back NBA!  This is what we've been waiting all summer for.

I forgot how much i've missed all your expert comments and analysis. And i do mean expert. The way some of you guys can break down the NBA game is amazing. Thank you.

My observations:

Lively is ready to contribute and its a crime if he doesn't start from here on out. He'll have his ups and downs this season, but right now we're way up. I think we need to remember he's 19 and still learning this game.  He's aggressive and active, so he'll find his self in foul trouble a lot.  The next move for this team needs to be adding another big man.  Kleber, Powell, maybe Holmes can hold it down for now. But we need to find someone for the non-Lively minutes by trade deadline time.

I like Grant Williams. He brings a different mindset and skillset to this team. He's undersized sure, but he makes up for it with grit and hustle.

I'm struggling whether i want Green starting or not. I think he's earned it, and i like having our 5 best players starting games, but it really only matters who finishes. I'm not sure if DJJ is the guy who should be starting, but I'm ok with it.

I'm sorry, but Kleber looks done out there. He's cooked.  I think he can be ok in limited minutes, but i'm not sure he's playable in the playoffs.

THJ. This guy never fails to chuck as soon as he touches the ball. He is such dead weight. We need this guy gone, asap. With Curry and Hardy ready to take his minutes, he serves no purpose here. He kills the the flow of the offense every single time he touches the ball.

Speaking of Curry and Hardy. The bench rotation is sort of a mess. I know they are figuring things out, but having Curry, Hardy, Exum, and THJ fighting for bench minutes seems odd to me. We need to add some size to this group.

In conclusion, good 1st game. I still think we struggle to make the playoffs in this crowded Western Conference, but we finally have young building blocks to go along with our young superstar.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-25-2023, 02:43 AM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-26-2023, 08:00 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by Dahlsim - 10-26-2023, 11:47 AM
RE: GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN! - by Nowitzki Way - 10-26-2023, 09:42 AM