Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN!
Just finished watching the game. Wow what a stunning performance from Lively. I was against drafting him that high but he has not only looked good „for a rookie“ he completely changed the game when he was on the court in our favor. He needs to be the starting Center, no doubt about that. He held his own pretty good during preseason already but that was a breakthrough performance tonight.

Also the fit between Lively and Williams looks good. I think Maxi + Lively is also a solid fit. The „size“ issue also mostly vanishes with Lively in the middle, therefore I continue to argue that Green should start too.

Other thoughts:

- Luka looked a bit hampered but still did his thing. Awesome performance in the clutch and he ran the PnR with Lively almost to perfection. 

- LOVE how Kyrie is committed to filling the holes on offense. He’s playing incredibly selfless but still finds ways to get „his“ (which is what he’s here to do)

- I think Grant will be frustrating to watch at times but all in all he’s an important addition to the squad Imo. He shoots and defends well, but clearly some rim protection is needed alongside him. I am pretty worried how he and Kleber looked together. 

- Kleber struggled majorly as the sole big. Something to monitor.

- Green played well, but continues to have problems getting around screens. Good that he got his 30 minutes, that should be the norm going forward Imo. He’s clearly a guy who helps the team on both ends.

- Hardaway scares me the most. He’s not the type of shot creator you’d expect from a 6th man who initiates stuff on his own. He’s miscast in that role. Hopefully they’ll find ways to implement him off the bench in more of a catch and shoot role that has always been and continues to be his strong suit. He should always play alongside one of Kyrie/Luka with preferably additionally one more of Green/Hardy/Curry/Exum out there as well who have the guidance to run stuff instead of Timmy

- Jones Jr: shouldn’t be in the regular rotation, baffling decision to start him. I hope we’re done with that.
[-] The following 3 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • Dahlsim, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-25-2023, 02:43 AM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-26-2023, 08:00 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by Dahlsim - 10-26-2023, 11:47 AM