Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN!
(10-25-2023, 01:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Lots of metrics disagree with this. At least it's not that Green plays badly with Luka. He's been one of the best pairs with Luka the last 2 years.

But in essence when the ball is moving and pushed, Green *looks* better. Kyrie definitely pushes the ball more, which is probably what you're seeing.

Ya for sure, I know the tandem has really great splits (which makes Kidd's decisions even more of a head scratcher) but to your point, I think Green looks more comfortable in a faster tempo and we get to see more of his game in those other situations.  Those individual net ratings though I would expect to always be dragged down when Luka isn't there to be one of the best players on the planet.

I guess what I would say is that while the numbers are certainly positive with Green and Luka, it sure seems like they could be even better if Luka found different ways to utilize him.

In the last preseason game there was a possession where Green was at the elbow extended and tossed it over to Kyrie at the top of the key and Green's man cheated over to Kyrie and he immediately gave the ball back to Green to let him attack the rim.  Those are the sort of things that I feel Luka isn't looking for, he's always looking to get people open spot up shots and I'd like to see him just find people earlier in the shot clock if the are in a good position to do something themselves with the ball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-25-2023, 02:43 AM
RE: GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-0) vs. Dallas Mavericks (0-0)| 8:30pm CST - by StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 10-25-2023, 01:51 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-26-2023, 08:00 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by Dahlsim - 10-26-2023, 11:47 AM