Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia
(09-06-2023, 09:32 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Looks like we’ll have to wait longer for Luka to grow up. He whined like a petulant child the entire game.

I have to disagree. Slovenia didn't lose because of complaining and we didn't lose because Luka was ejected. And I would say that complaining was at quite a reasonable level, just the refs took a really strict criteria. Players didn't adjust that they basically demanded absolute silence. I think refs had two goals before the game - stop any Brooks shenanigans, which is why he was called for that unsportsmanlike foul very early and then ejected later. None of it was really anything special. On the other side, they didn't want any complaining and at least one technical (to Hrovat) was extremely strict, as he basically didn't do anything but show a surprised face. Still as I said, players should adjust to the criteria. 

Luka had to work extremely hard for every action, being hounded by Brooks and sole focus of the defense for the whole game. Rest of the team is just too limited. He was frustrated because of that and reacted a couple of times.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIBA Qualifying Tournament: Slovenia makes it out of groups! - by omahen - 09-06-2023, 09:40 AM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-10-2023, 11:05 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by WillE - 09-10-2023, 03:30 PM