Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia
(09-01-2023, 03:09 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Josh picked up Luka full court every time that ball was inbounded to him, if you don't think running an isolated full court press every time down the floor is draining then I think we just disagree there.  I also wasn't saying that Luka wasn't impactful, I'm saying Australia's strategy was to limit him as a scorer and take the ball out of his hands and Josh was a big part of that is all.  Luka always makes the right play and tonight his team stepped up and made Australia pay.

I wasn't saying that he was playing game changing defense necessarily, I'm saying the game plan for Josh was to play POA defense on Luka full court until he crossed half court and the double came to force it out of his hands and make the rest of the team beat them and Slovenia executed great and won.  His job was play hard defense then go stand in the corner, which will basically be his job next season too when he's playing with Luka and Kyrie.

Whether or not Australia limited him or not, he's limited offensively, always is.  Amazing efficiency, but offensively he's hesitant and will be hesitant.  I'm just questioning if we want to make a huge investment in him.  The Thybulle offer sheet tells you the FO does also.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIBA Qualifying Tournament: Slovenia makes it out of groups! - by Ghost of Podkolzin - 09-01-2023, 05:09 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-10-2023, 11:05 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by WillE - 09-10-2023, 03:30 PM