Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 game segment at 60/new playoff run projections
Thanks Dan for your contribution as always. Just based on teams ahead and behind us in the standings, we should be favored 6 times. The good teams in the standings have a number of 7-3 records. I think that would be a good performance by us this next 10 with a 1-0 start so far. I thought 6-4 this past 10 was an excellent performance.

I see the Lakers also played last night. They won breaking a 4 game losing streak. Lebron played but is day to day with a groin injury. I hope we don't regress to the mean from our extremely hot shooting last night. 

As for developmental progress, the third 10 games was the best so far. Having to play without Luka was very good for a number of our players. THJ is becoming pretty consistent at being our 3rd scorer who sometimes is one of the top 2 scorers. The whole team is shooting very well as a team but I think THJ is the most consistent jump shot maker. 

Another improvement, everyone is running the offense well for the most part. THJ is still a little susceptible to playing hero ball but he isn't falling into that a lot. Our starters number 3,4,5: THJ, DFS and Powell/Kleber have all progressed nicely in their starting roles. Though Kleber does not always start, I see him and Powell as roughly equal but different so Rick seems to play them with about equal value depending on the situation. Playing them together at key times is also a good thing. DSF has been shockingly good as the glue guy starter/3 and D player.

All in all, this team is really settling into their roles. The offense borders on awesome much of the time. Our depth and our bench mob (not entirely the same thing) are real strengths for this team. Our ability to defend one on one remains a weakness. We have blown a few and experienced some painful lessons....but these guys are learning. Closing games is tough in the NBA and we are clearly not there yet. On the other hand, we have closed several really good wins.

Team development wise, I give this team an A so far. I am a patient grader though I am also a tough, fair grader. Right now, it is time for patience and happiness to the extreme about the progress of our beloved Mavs.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 10 and 20 game Mavericks record: Update at 30. - by Reunion Mav Old - 12-29-2019, 01:33 PM