Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
(10-11-2019, 07:39 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 01:30 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Regardless of what you think about Donald Trump, it is actually hilarious(ly sad) that the same people in the league who openly oppose him don't have the balls to call out China. Really puts things in to perspective.

(Two political posts in one night, I'm outa control)

Folks know about Trump. He's in our own backyard, and if you're on twitter, in your face. 

But folks have to read to know what's going on in China, although they've been brutal and oppressive to their own citizens since Mao (for about 70 years). Should we take folks in the U.S. to task for not openly opposing events in Kashmir, with the Kurds in Syria and Iraq, in Sudan, in Yemen, or in Myanmar? 

I'm not up on all the current human rights disasters worldwide. I just pulled up genocidewatch.com to type out that list. I mean maybe you're right, maybe we should all be talking about these things and openly opposing the oppressive regimes, but we typically don't.

Seems like they should study up considering Trump has had pretty much 0 effect on the NBA, but apparently China can throw a tantrum and potentially reduce the salary cap by 15%!

There is the issue though... All about dollar bills.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by IamDougieFresh - 10-11-2019, 09:57 AM