Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Bucks 116
(12-17-2019, 04:14 PM)embellisher Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 12:02 PM)Jommybone Wrote: The negative comments on the young backup PG really surprise me. 11 assists to 2 turnovers against the NBA's best defensive team is a noteworthy performance. Doing it from a backup role in your 2nd season? That's special. Sure, some of his drives to the hoop ended poorly. Is that a shock? Disappointment? Do you all even remember young Berea? Jalen acted as chief creator last night. That’s a tall order for a young back up. Yet he delivered. And his 5 missed shot attempts on the evening included 2 on which he received the ball with 3 ticks left on the shot clock. It was an efficient performance, bordering on spectacular given the circumstances.

Previous Milwaukee PG games:

Colin Sexton 1 assist 3 turnovers
Tyus Jones 7 assists 1 turnover
Jru Holiday 6 assists 8 turnovers
Markelle Fultz 9 assists 2 turnovers
Patrick Beverly 1 assist 2 turnovers
Bruce Brown 2 assists 1 turnover
Dennis Smith, Jr. 3 assists 1 turnover
Devonte' Graham 5 assists 1 turnover

And this is why I voted for JB for Dirkie. For a second year, second round pick to start in place of a transcendent player, against the best team in the league, on an 18 game win streak, on their home court, and put up this kind of game? That's above and beyond stuff right there, buddy!
Only thing I wonder is if Bledsoe was playing during those games. If so, that probably has a lot to do with those poor performances. Don’t want to take away from what Brunson did last night, cause I was impressed, just trying to add context.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Bucks 116 - by ItsGoTime - 12-17-2019, 04:24 PM