Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Bucks 116
(12-17-2019, 09:33 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Justin Jackson is a nice rotational minutes eater, but he shouldn't be part of a playoff rotation. The moment looked too big for him tonight when he clanked two back to back free throws with the game on the line and looked completely lost on defense.    Its not that every playoff rotation player has to be a great player, but you have to do something at a playoff caliber level to even be a role player, and he doesn't have anything in his toolbox at that level.      That's why you trade for Iggy for a playoff run.

I like JJax a lot but he is a trade piece to be moved in the next year or so before he gets a new contract. He is still a decent fallback in 2021 should the Mavs not land a big fish I think he will be restricted.

THJ had a rough game but I would not move him to the bench and I don't think Rick will make that change. I still think THJ as starter is still the best way to go for now with Curry eating up more of his minutes. I like that Rick has cut THJ's minutes when he isn't playing well. If you look at his game logs, when he isn't shoot well Rick cuts his minutes into the low 20's which should be the plan. If THJ is hot you leave him in there for 35 min. If not, up Curry's minutes. Hopefully Curry gets more minutes regardless, certainly while Luka is out but it might mean less Brunson minutes. 

Unfortunately for these guys when everybody is healthy we have a lot of guards. Luka operates as a guard + THJ, Wright, Curry, and Brunson not to mention JJB. At some point one of those guys is expendable. Curry and Brunson in particular have to battle for the same minutes. What will be interesting to see for the next couple of weeks while Luka is out if Curry continues to further cement his role as a clear rung above Brunson. Brunson is great but also can be effective in low minutes and is under contract for a while so if he gets inconsistent minutes for a couple of years, I think that's okay.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Bucks 116 - by StepBackJay - 12-17-2019, 11:26 AM