Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Heat 122
(12-16-2019, 04:04 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 03:48 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Can't say I've thought about that. What is the perceived advantage? (Not disagreeing, just interested in the info.)

Don't have time to look for Cuban's quotes, but my opinion on the matter is that it removes officiating from NBA politics and gives it to a company/entity tasked with one responsibility: to produce competent and impartial officiating. The NBA can register their overall approval or disapproval with the officiating product in their relationship with the contractor, and even change officiating company if things aren't working out, but it removes the confusing team owner / league front office / officiating relationship triangle.
Thanks!

(12-16-2019, 04:10 PM)DrMav Wrote: No matter what you do it would be a big ordeal, but professional sports are a big money business so I think the legitimacy of outcomes is worth it. Surely some smart minds could come together and come up with something that works better than some guy like me spitballing on the internet.
To this end, is there a league that already does something like this? Even if it's another sport, or not in the USA. To study as a model.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Heat 122 - by mavsluvr - 12-16-2019, 04:34 PM