Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 15: DEN (9-6) @ DAL (9-6) | 127-99 win
(11-19-2022, 10:49 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: People seem to think I’m anti-Wood or anti more minutes for Wood or anti Wood starting.  I’m not.  I’m just pointing out what is and trying to interpret why.

I don't think you're anti-Wood at all. And, I appreciate your insight, as always. 

I just don't think Wood is a special player at the 4. If that's really the way it goes, I'm just not as excited about him, that's all. Bringing him around slowly is GREAT, but at the end of the day the 5 (and without some other player onto whom the opposing 5 can be hidden) is where Wood has a chance to be a true nightmare for opposing teams, imho. To me, that's the dream, and it's worth quite a bit of risk and patience if there's any chance it can be a reality. 

But, that's my opinion of the message, not the messenger. I think you've been right on the money in terms of predicting how Wood will be used here, so far. It's just not how I hoped they'd approach things.

(11-19-2022, 11:20 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Javale was very promising and we should all be rooting on him to come around because he adds such a different dynamic for us but I hope they keep him in this bit role unless he clearly starts to outplay Powell.

I think he has looked better because he's playing a role much better suited for him.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant, DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 15: DEN (9-6) @ DAL (9-6) | 127-99 win - by KillerLeft - 11-19-2022, 12:08 PM