Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ WAS (6-6) | 105-113 loss
(11-11-2022, 10:15 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I’m not sure if Luka’s regular season teams will ever be great because he’s carrying a roster with talent even less than what Lebron was working with in his first Cleveland stint and, that at the same time, is in decline. He can do it enough in the regular season to get 50 wins and then for a sustained period in the playoffs. But to do that with this roster night in and night out for 82 games, through back to backs on the road, after basically setting a modern record for consistency in scoring to start a season (with ridiculous usage and a physical, bruising style) is not feasible. The Mavs just need better players around Luka. The Luka denigration is kind of ridiculous. He’s looking pretty battered, borderline injured to me, because he has to do everything.

ITS THE SHOOTERS FAULTS!!!

Gawd I cant stand that excuse.  Its desperate.  Its harmful to the Mavs because the Mavs think they have it right and its the shooters faults when its lack of talent that has been put around Luka.  And...if there are any indications that decent/good players dont want to play with Luka and thats the reason why we have this roster...I seriously think its worth tinkering with a "non-modern" offense.  I just dont think you win in the playoffs with a Super Star surrounded with flawed players unless everything goes perfect.

(11-11-2022, 10:23 AM)Kammrath Wrote: But he doesn't, that's part of the point. Luka is NOT giving consistent effort on the defensive side of the ball in the regular season, like at all. He is not doing "everything," he is carrying most of the load on O and often times doing very little beyond that.

To be fair...maybe thats why we are sputtering out...because he has been giving effort this year.  He just cant keep it up long.

He seems to be getting steals and being disruptive on defense thus far to me...at least he has jumped off the screen regularly.   I dont watch film and you can probably tell me he is still standing around on defense....but he seems to be more disruptive this year than in the past.  Doesnt mean hes playing good all game though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ WAS (6-6) | 105-113 loss - by dynamicalVoid - 11-11-2022, 10:24 AM