Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ WAS (6-6) | 105-113 loss
(11-10-2022, 09:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For me, the takeaway is starting to be that Kidd might be trash.

Kidd was a massive gamble by Cuban in the first place.  The biggest issue with Kidd is that he wants his type of guys and this team has difficulty getting any type of guys.  Combine that with the fact that to build a team around Luka, you need to thread the needle for his Robin and supporting cast and you can't increase the degree of difficulty by having a coach that is "my way or the highway".  While I don't agree with a lot of people here who want to treat Wood as if he is Jordan, I also don't agree with how Kidd is handling the situation.  Like him or not Jason, the team needs him if the goal is to be as successful as last year.  I'm also pretty annoyed that Kidd will not develop more of an offense than "give the ball to Luka".   That's a long way of saying that Carlisle to Kidd isn't the Johnson to Carlisle or Jackson to Kerr remedy that this team needed.  The last two games I've found myself wondering if Luka's national team could outperform the cast we have assembled.  I've been on the fence about this team since they blew the massive lead in the opener and I think I'm finally off.  Luka is super talented and can drag just about- any collection to "good" status, but he doesn't really have a margin of error with this group.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ WAS (6-6) | 105-113 loss - by cow - 11-10-2022, 09:40 PM