Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 10: DAL (6-4) @ ORL (3-9) | 87-94 Loss
(11-09-2022, 09:49 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Josh Green should have read the room and tried to do something offensively.  I get that he isnt ready for that and probably was told to stand in the corner...I also get that we were kind of close and still in it...but this team needed someone other than Luka and Spencer tonight.  Green should have got involved somehow or someway even if he failed.  It was a good time to show out in half court offense with a couple of takes to the rim or something.

There's only so little one can do when asked to just stand around in the corner.
Only guys who can't dribble should linger there (Bullock, DFS, Maxi, THJ -- LOL there's so many).

And in this game, standing in the corner, Green was at the mercy of a kickout pass from SD who's all hell bent on penetrating the lane (although I commend him for that), and Luka, who looks like he has the 30 point stat in his mind -- way more interested in scoring. And of course, there's THJ who not only bricks 3 pointers but also blows layups (not just this game, but I've seen plenty).

Green rode his role, asking him to shoot at opportunities is one thing, asking him to do anything above his ordinary role is way too soon.

But the culprit with all these happening still falls in the failure of the coaching staff to recognize, THJ isn't helping, so is Bullock. Would have been a good time for the coaching staff to take away Green from the corner as neither THJ nor Bullock is contributing.

As with Wood, Kidd is unable to maximize Green's abilities.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 10: DAL (6-4) @ ORL (3-9) | 87-94 Loss - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 11-09-2022, 10:13 PM