Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 10: DAL (6-4) @ ORL (3-9) | 87-94 Loss
(11-09-2022, 03:53 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: DFS and Bullock have identical numbers for the season. Both 13/41 from 3. 31.7%. Would be nice if at least one of them finds his stroke. Same for Maxi (33%, 7/21). Need double digit scoring from at least two of them.

I don’t know why, but those guys seem to start every season in kind of a shooting slump. Maybe it is about the staffing change, but I feel like it was happening even back when Carlisle was here. I feel like with Kleber and especially DFS the issue might be that they go into each summer with a mandate of speeding up their release, as each year sees the team reach a new level of success, of course leading to better defense in more important games and a redefinition of “open.” It kind of feels like they have to reinvent some of their shooting approach each summer and work it during early season to get comfortable. But, that’s just a theory of mine, who knows?

Regardless, this is a full-blown trend so I am not going to fall into the trap of believing those guys won’t ever shoot well again because we go through this every single year. My guess is at least two of the three will be right back around 40% by January. To your point, tonight would be a great time to start inching in that direction.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 10: DAL (6-3) @ ORL (2-9) | Nov 9, 4:30 pm | Mavs 6.0 pt Vegas favs - by KillerLeft - 11-09-2022, 04:11 PM