Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-05-2022, 01:35 PM)mvossman Wrote: You seem to be suggesting that its not possible (particularly in a playoff environment) that Wood+Maxi is more effective overall than Wood single big.

Not in the slightest. 

What I'm suggesting is that in the playoffs, you might very well find yourself being REQUIRED to have someone with the Wood/Kleber skills (offensively) on the court (at center, not with a center) for 48 MINUTES. Since we've now exhausted the list of two players on the roster who fit that criteria, I would hope that the team is at least trying to find ways to make Wood as the lone big work, defensively. We know that Kleber can do it - that's how they got to the conference finals. 

I absolutely think playing them together is a great tool in the toolbelt. A GREAT ONE! 

What I want is the flexibility to choose NOT to play either Powell or McGee for an entire game (or series) if it's the right choice, because I believe there will come a time when that choice is made for you.

FURTHER, in a theoretical, future world wherein Wood can exist as a solo big, I think you have at that point potentially turned a journeyman into a freaking All Star. That is what I'd be shooting for 8 games in, before I have discovered (through my own experience, with my own eyes) that it's impossible. If I'm Kidd I'm DESPERATELY trying to make Wood that player. I'm doing it slowly, with caution, careful to make him earn it and not to upset the trajectory of the rest of the team, sure. But THAT is my hope and my goal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win - by KillerLeft - 11-05-2022, 01:42 PM