Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-04-2022, 10:24 PM)Smitty Wrote: It’s always amazing to see different opinions/perspectives on something that I completely disagree with or see with my own eyes.

I’ll make sure to watch more closely since this obviously isn’t a unanimous opinion (Wood being the best and most talented Big since Dirk).

Something else that gets under my skin. Almost everyone wants to point out Woods weakness (if there is any) on the defensive end. But we don’t talk about Spencer in the same way. He plays 35 minutes and is the worst defender on the team by a mile. Explain it to me..

When I first started watching Mavs, which was Lukas first game in the NBA, I thought Powell was a horrible defender. Powell never blocked anyone, he wasnt rebounding that well for a big. With time I learned Powell is actually a fanstastic defender and teamplayer. He moves probably better than any other big in the NBA and never ever gives anything easy to the opponent. Sometimes things are not as they appear.

This Kidd defense is all about movement and contesting shots, staying in front of your opponent and not letting any easy baskets. It is working really well and has transformed us as a team. But only if everyone does it and executes.

SD is not a bad defender in this scheme, he is working hard to move around and be the right places at the right time. He is clearly overmatched physically several times, but is he is not giving anything easy or unnecessary space.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win - by burekemde - 11-04-2022, 10:31 PM