Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win
(10-31-2022, 12:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: All of those dudes were expiring (except for maybe Boban?) so I'm not sure there was much value in dumping them. 

If "Wood would be at the very least (temporarily) part of the rotation" was the goal, I struggle to believe they couldn't have been successful aiming a little higher. 

The good news is that the kid is obviously talented. I don't believe those limits actually exist. I think he could be a really GOOD fit here, given time and the right approach.

Moving off of 11.7 million in dead weight isn't free though.  We also needed the roster spots.  And combine those factors with returning Wood who is a rotational piece, they got AMAZING value for a late first round pick.  

I don't think Wood's talent has ever really been questioned.  It's always been consistency and his maturity.  I love how he works with Luka in the PNR, but I'm not sure his defense works with Luka's defense or if you can put enough defenders around them to achieve Kidd's philopshy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win - by cow - 10-31-2022, 12:58 PM