Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win
(10-31-2022, 12:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: "why did they trade that pick for him in the first place?"

To dump the contracts of four players who contributing almost noting to the rotation along with getting to kick the tires on Wood who would at the very least be part of the rotation.

We knew Kidd was going to be a problem from the start when he said the offensive game plan was "to get the ball to Luka".  Yes, we can find success in that manner but I'm not sure you can get to a championship.  A blueprint to success seems to be to play Luka straight up for three quarters, encouraging him to drive more and thus wearing him out.  Then switch up the defense and have an additional defender in fatigue.  I just wish we could get some creativity to the offense that burdens him less.  I'd guess that Luka's teammates dribble the ball far fewer times than any other unit in the league.

And while I appreciated that we wanted Kidd to help bolster our defense and that our defense certainly needed to be bolstered, at some point you need to look at the pieces on your roster and play to their strengths instead of making them square pegs you are trying to fit into the round holes of your basketball philopshy.  Carlisle, for his many faults, was really good at turning chicken shit into chicken salad.  

And for what it's worth, Wood's last two games have been far worse than how he started the season.  Is that due to lack of minutes or Kidd's coaching?   Or maybe it's just a slump.   Or maybe that's just who he is.  If he was a consistent performer like we saw to start the season, he would have never been on this team in the first place.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win - by cow - 10-31-2022, 12:44 PM