Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win
(10-31-2022, 12:17 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Just opinion, but I do not think we will ever see a Wood/DFS starting C/PF lineup on a consistent basis.  If you take that as a given, then the ways Wood starts for this team and how you design rotations around that begin to narrow considerably especially given the limitations McGee and Powell have.

Yes to everything, up to and except for the above...kind of. 

I refuse to take that as a given, and think Kidd and the Mavs writing that in stone would be a huge mistake. 

That's not to say that I don't share some of the reservations about whether or not it would work consistently, it's just that for me, acquiescing to a paradigm in which Wood can't play center solo basically means putting developmental points into him at all is a waste of time. I'm cool with bringing this concept along slowly, with caution, but if you tell me it will definitely "never" happen, then I'm so out on him as a fit here it's not funny, and my thoughts quickly converge on "why did they trade that pick for him in the first place?"
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win - by KillerLeft - 10-31-2022, 12:31 PM