Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win
(10-31-2022, 11:20 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think that to @"DanSchwartzgan"'s point, if you dug deeper on those Wood solo minutes you'd find that that +7.4 came mostly against bench units, while Kleber's solo minutes are more in high pressure, closing situations against the other team's best lineups. 

BUT, that's fine! Wood CAN play center. By himself. It's a jumping off point, and nowhere near the terrible situation we were promised it would be. 

They should be trying to do it more, not less. I think @"mvossman"'s goal of 8 minutes per night is a good one, for starters.

Yes to all of that.  I’m not anti Wood at C in those transition minutes against bench units.  I don’t think Kidd is either.  I’ve been the one pointing out exactly how Kidd is giving Wood those minutes in several of the games so far.

When I speak of transitioning to something more than that I’m talking about Wood starting or Wood getting ‘starter’ minutes.  Just opinion, but I do not think we will ever see a Wood/DFS starting C/PF lineup on a consistent basis.  If you take that as a given, then the ways Wood starts for this team and how you design rotations around that begin to narrow considerably especially given the limitations McGee and Powell have.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-31-2022, 12:17 PM