Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win
(10-31-2022, 07:44 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Our four starters with McGee have a net rating of -12.4 (the O is horrible)
Our four starters with Maxi have a net rating of -32.6 (again, horrible O, but the D-rating is 132.6)
Our four starters with Wood have a net rating of -32.0 (see above)

Need to figure out who/what is tanking the defensive numbers. Among the non big starters Luka has the best on court defensive numbers right now.

Defensive on/off
Luka on court 112.8 off court 112.7
DFS  on court 118.5 off court 101
Bullock on court 116.8 off court 105
SD on court 118.1 off court 104
THJ on court 111.3 off court 113.9
Green on court 95.7 off court 120.6

Still a super small sample size but DFS having the worst defensive on/off numbers on the roster is something I wouldn´t have expected at any point of the season. He is playing most of his minutes in single big lineups. Something to watch in the coming games. Maybe asking him to guard the best opposing wing and also do a lot of heavy lifting in the paint is too much.
I never wanted McGee to begin with and would love nothing more than to never see him on the court again but I wonder if the starting five problems go beyond the center spot. Luka is doing Luka things but SD/Bullock/DFS have all been big negatives in the +/- column. Then again. As @"DanSchwartzgan" pointed out. The starters with Powell instead of McGee look a lot better.

Overall @"DanSchwartzgan" mentioned Kleber/Wood pairing as the most successful front court combination. 17.7 Net Rating (120.4 O/ 102.7 D). In a tiny sample size single big Powell is better than any other option.

And now the big and way to early question. How to adjust the rotation? As of now. Wood and Maxi should play the max amount of minutes together. I don´t see a problem with one of them playing a couple of single big minutes but overall that seems to be the best option. I wouldn´t mind to see the return of the long forgotten Maxi/Powell duo for a couple of minutes.
Assuming that Wood and Maxi get 25-30 minutes I wouldn´t mind a slight increase in minutes for Powell as long as I never have to see McGee in a Mavs jersey again.

Is it an option to reverse the rotation and start with both Maxi + Wood? Something like...

1st quarter
6 min Maxi+Wood (most likely Bullock out of the starting five)
4 min Wood
2 min Powell

2nd quarter
3 min Powell
2 min Powell + Kleber
7 min Wood + Kleber

2nd half similar but with the option to go small and play some single big minutes to close the game. A lot easier to get the max amount of Wood+Kleber minutes without running into the problems we saw in the first few games. Wood racking up 10-12 minutes of play in the late 3rd and early 4th quarter. Making it almost impossible to include him in the closing lineup. 15 minutes without a breather aren´t an option in the regular season.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-31-2022, 09:52 AM