Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win
(10-31-2022, 07:44 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I also find it interesting that THJ/Wood and Maxi work well so far IF they are combined with Green and either of the PG's...+22 with Dinwiddie/Green and +29 with Luka/Green.

nba stats.com has way higher/different numbers. hm hm?  Anyway Luka/Green already had the 2nd highest Luka combo (200 min+) last regular season behind Luka/Bullock. The lack of minutes that Green plays with Luka is a bit of a bummer so far. For how much better Green looks compared to the Green of last season. On both ends.

In general i wouldn't mind seeing him for 25-30 min on the floor, and just see what happens. People rightfully want Wood to have more minutes. Green has earned a chance as well imo. His leads the league in net rating for players that get 15 min plus. He leads the Mavs in +/-. His advanced stats are bananas. Is Green a supercharged DFS in the making, whose glue keeping things together?

Green has the best Luka net rating (+46)
Green has the best DFS net rating (+31.9)
Green has the best SD net rating (+23.9)
Green has the best Wood net rating (+28.0)
Green has the best Kleber net rating (+39.6)
Green has the best THJ net rating (+29.3)

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced?CF=MIN*G*20&GroupQuantity=2&TeamID=1610612742&dir=D&slug=advanced&sort=NET_RATING

Its been just 6 games obviously, but it really begs the question if Green is already knocking on the door for a starter spot rather sooner than later. Or at least an uptick in minutes.
D-BPM and D-RAPTOR has him more or less as a top 10 defender. I know sample-size / 6 games / lack of minutes, but the advanced stats love him so far. Its similar love that the mold of NBA players like Caruso, Draymond Green, GP2, Marcus Smart have.

My secret hope before the season was Green taking Brunson spots by mid season or in the 2nd half of the season. Or that he get at least a shot at starting with Luka in the backcourt. And he is off to a better start than i thought he would. Also because DFS/Bullock have been off to a slow start on defense.

Green + Kleber are defending on a higher level than DFS/Bullock so far. And Green might been the defender thats causing the most havoc for the opp offense so far. Its of no surprise the bench had runs vs. Suns / OKC / Magic before Luka & Co checked back in.
The 10 pt lead in the 4th vs. Magic was lowkey another product of the bench. They got the seperation again. Before Luka & Co checked back in.
[-] The following 2 users Like sefant's post:
  • BoredAssistant, DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win - by sefant - 10-31-2022, 09:31 AM