Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 3: DAL (1-2) @ NOP (3-1) | 111-113 loss
(10-26-2022, 06:35 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The loss last night would be the equivalent of the Mavs winning a game against a fully healthy Pelicans team without Luka, Wood, and DFS. It’s unfathomable.  I don’t even see how such a team could score 80 points.  That would be the worst team in the league.  That’s how far the Mavs have to go to upgrade this roster into a truly competitive team. It’s a depressing gulf. This looks like at best another nice 50 win team with some entertaining Luka highlights in store for us that may win a playoff series. Whoop de do.  It’s like Cuban gravy training at the end of Dirk’s prime with Monte and guys like that. It’s an interesting team for Sacramento, but I barely watched in those years. I don’t know that Cuban really has it in him anymore to steward the career of a full blown international superstar like Luka. You have to give more than you get when you have that responsibility.

I agree.  I am still in awe that he didn't pony up the cash to retain JB - a borderline all-star talent that could not be replaced otherwise.  You have a chance to make a push for the finals and challenge for the ring every year with that move (and wood).  Settles for being competitive and one of many teams that "could make a run".  Man, it would be nice to have owners like GS/LAC who seize the moment and push their chips in for a winner!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 3: DAL (1-2) @ NOP (3-1) | 111-113 loss - by Mavsfan12 - 10-26-2022, 06:43 PM