Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 3: DAL (1-2) @ NOP (3-1) | 111-113 loss
(10-26-2022, 03:17 PM)mvossman Wrote: I don't completely agree.  Its just that with all of the fuckups since Luka, they only have one legit choice (and Its not to tank with the best player in the NBA).  Next offseason they will have all of their picks and salary filler.  They have one last chance to get it right.  Adding a legit high level two way player (defender and creator) will put this team into contention.
I agree with this, however, if that play is Siakam (if he’s available) that puts our contending window at about 2-3 years. I really would prefer getting younger unproven players with those picks (mostly because with 4 picks the hope is to split them and get 2 players to finish off their young years) I was thinking earlier about a Bulls trade for Ball and Patrick Williams using DFS and SD and a couple picks. I’m seeing a lot of trades with Ball in them and that team needs reliable players to get them where they want to go with their aging core.

I was also thinking of PJ Washington and Haywood in Cha, but without THJ, it’s hard to come up with the money for that trade. However, if we could swing that deal using like Bullock, Green, Frank and Maxi and a couple firsts, that gets us 3 young players at the 6’6” to 6’10” range to mix and match with Luka and Wood with Hayward leading the second team to finish his career here.

If you can get away with 1 pick and swaps for either trade, we could use the 28 this year to do it. The Bulls trade puts us in a tighter spot if the Cha trade doesn’t happen right away with SD leaving and Ball being out for quite a while, but I’d still do it knowing we have a future with that group.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 3: DAL (1-2) @ NOP (3-1) | 111-113 loss - by ItsGoTime - 10-26-2022, 03:40 PM