Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 3: DAL (1-2) @ NOP (3-1) | 111-113 loss
(10-25-2022, 02:44 PM)mvossman Wrote: I actually think he is contributing to that success, its just all on the defensive end.  It will be interesting to see what he does with potentially more opportunities with Timmy out.

I mean yes. Anyway its way too early in general, but the offense with Green is about 12 pts better than with Luka. People acting he is Ben Simmons and totally hurting the spacing or team offense. So far thats not remotely the case. He was being fully guarded at the 3pt line. I would nearly bet the Mavs might beat the Suns, if Kidd would have tried to use Green in the 4th to stop the Booker PnR. Green/Kleber combo also busted up the Utah PnR's in the 4th in the last preseason game.

Would be worried, if he can't hit enough 3's or him passing up open shots at the perimeter. We will see if Wood getting doubled more in the future and if Green getting more open 3's as a result. But so far so good. And his form looking way better this year than last year. The other dude on the 77 min Cato podcast, also did notice that Green looks even better on defense compared to last season. Tho i am not the only one noticing that.

Green simply does all the things well, that never show up in any boxscore, despite being young. Patrick Williams (Bulls) is -36 on the season, Wiseman is -35, Kuminga -29. Its certainly not the norm that young players on playoff teams contribute to winning right away. And some players never learn it.

THJ is shooting near Westbrook like numbers (28.9 vs 30 % FG), and yet the bench is on a way hotter start than last year.

I am also not sure what people exactly want Green to do the way he is being used so far in the 2 games. People legit want Green to do stuff THJ does, that people hate. Take away more shots from SD/Wood outside the flow of the game. The goal remains to win the basketball game.

[Image: green.jpg]
Those are numbers while playing the most with Wood and THJ. And Mavs media talked about Wood & defense the entire offseason Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like sefant's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 3: DAL (1-1) @ NOP (2-1) | Oct 25, 6:30 pm | Mavs 0.0 pt & 5.5 pt (Vegas) favs - by sefant - 10-25-2022, 03:44 PM