Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 105-107 loss
I get they were playing against second unit or few starters...but our second quarter with Wood and Green on the court seemed like it was the best ball we played.

Green was constantly handsy breaking up passes...or running down a loose ball with his quickness.   Hes definitely annoying on defense too.  They claim his one on one isnt all that but hes an overall good defender...I see him annoy ball handlers a lot.   Maybe the Irvings of the league can outclass him...but he seems more annoying to the other team than our other players do for the most part.   Maybe he misses a lot of assignments, I dont know.  Im a big Green supporter but I beat the drum on his flaws.  If his shot 3 shot is improved...it seems like with Luka and Wood on the court maybe he could get some serious minutes because he brings lots of energy on defense that I think elevate the team or could.   Im sure it would be argued that hes perfect as a second unit guy to exploit other teams second units defensively.

THJ is a mood killer.  

I dont care to talk about value of the contract...I, an uneducated casual, still have not been upset with Dinwiddie's play.  I love how he plays.   Willing passer,  his percentage might not be perfect but I dont mind his 3 shot at all and he seems to have good instincts on getting to the basket for easy layups.  Sure...a more All-Star level creator would be preferred...but is that person going to be like a THJ ball-hogger?  What I love about Dinwiddie is he seems to play within the offense...I dont ever see myself getting annoyed with him like I do THJ EVERY GAME.   Just because I like his style of play does that mean hes good or doesnt have defensive flaws but I think it works well here and hopefully if we upgrade THJ or Dinwiddie its a pass first or play within the flow of the game kind of guy.  Did you see Wood out there passing?  We need willing passers and less ball hogging.  Just go after an All-Star creator that doesnt ball hog or feel the need to contribute to the point of killing drives like THJ is all I ask.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 105-107 loss - by dynamicalVoid - 10-20-2022, 03:12 PM