Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 105-107 loss
I think we showed we're the better team, but took the foot of the gas and let them come back on a pretty easy game. 

Grades:

Finney-Smith (38): 3/10. 38 minutes and he was invisible. Was part of the problem when Booker-Ayton abused our defense. Pretty rough game for him.

Doncic (37): 7/10. Played a pretty good offensive game, controled the action and led the team to a big lead. Defense was suspect as always and made some bad decisions when they made their 17-3 run. 

Bullock (30): 5/10. Solid game from our 3&D guy. Nothing more comes to mind.

Dinwiddie (28): 5/10. Foul trouble bothered him the whole night and was part of the reason we struggled in the 3rd after his 4th foul. Missed 2 FT when the game got close that could have iced a little for us.

Kleber (26): 3/10. As DFS, he played a pretty pathetic 2nd half on both ends, being part of the abuse on the 3rd by Booker-Ayton. Not sure his illness had an effect, but his screens were far from good.

Hardaway (25): 2/10. Dreadful game. Took ill advised shots and couldn't hit the 3 even when wide open. His defense is such a negative factor letting anyone get past him with ease. Cearly not the team's needed 3rd ballhandler.

Wood (24): 8/10. Great game. By far who surprised me the most. Obviously has to work on his FT, but he drew a lot of contact and could have ended up with 30 by himself. Defense was better than what I saw in preseason.

J. Green (18): 5/10. Same Josh Green we knew. Effort, defense and nothing more. His 18 minutes were decent, could have tried a little more on O, but we didn't have a lot of movement to get him open looks.

J. McGee (14): 3/10. Made me want Powell to start next game. Did not add the presence in the paint FO thought, didn't help Luka a lot with his screens/movement as DP did on offense. Glad I didn't have to see much of him.

J. Kidd: 4/10. Could not figure out a way to save the team on PHO's runs. Gave Wood only 24 minutes which was a head scratcher. Has a lot to work, but I'll give him a pass for being the 1st game of the season.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
[-] The following 4 users Like HAguiar95's post:
  • Paul Gasol, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 105-107 loss (Kidd tanking for Victor W.) - by HAguiar95 - 10-20-2022, 06:33 AM