Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 2: ORL @ DAL | 105-110 loss
(10-08-2022, 08:28 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: The developmental stuff for Hardy and Green is fun, but I wonder if come the playoffs we don't wish we had one more guy...even an Alec Burks level guy...soaking up those Hardy/Green minutes.  Let's hope one/both truly emerges.

It would be great it if was Josh, I agree.   I think the first 20 games will be important for him.   If he struggles and the Mavs feel like they are close, I think they look to make a move by trade deadline.   It could be a small move.  Teams like Charlotte, Washington, or Chicago, etc are going to disappoint and play below expectations and will decide to pack it in at some point to tank.  I think there may be some players who are available for limited assets.    I guess it would be key to look for a guy not good enough to garner a 1st, but good enough to help a contender.   Maybe a player in his early to mid 30's?  I think Caruso & Josh Hart types are thinking too big with our limited assets, but I would love either if Josh struggles.  

I think Hardaway is eventually used for a bigger piece.  I am not sure it happens this year though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 2: ORL @ DAL | 105-110 loss - by Chicagojk - 10-08-2022, 11:12 AM