Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 2: ORL @ DAL | 105-110 loss
(10-08-2022, 09:22 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: @"DanSchwartzgan"

Where do you see Bertans in all of this? He was in the playoff rotation last seasons. Does the return of THJ make him redundant. Or do you think that his minutes (8-12 per game) will all go to Wood/McGee.
I could easily imagine a role for him next to McGee. But that brings us back to the fit question because I cannot imagine that he will share the court with Wood.

That’s a tough one…much like Powell in my mind.  He makes good money and the team tends to have positive results when he plays.  However, if you are going to ask the Wood, THJ and Dinwiddie’s of the world to come off the bench, you have to give them minutes.  I’ve not envisioned McGee getting 20 (15-18), but he DFS, Maxi and Wood minutes were spot on if you double the first half last night.  So there ‘might’ be a small role for another non-wing (Powell or Bertans) if you pull a few minutes from McGee.

Short of that, Bertans (and Powell) are highly paid third stringers.  They have to be ready when called upon, but may not have a regular role.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 2: ORL @ DAL | 105-110 loss - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-08-2022, 09:57 AM