Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-07-2022, 10:20 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Personally I just don´t see any way to pair the Wood, Powell and McGee with each other. I don´t see any scenario where more than one of them can be on the floor.
If Wood shares the floor with Powell or McGee we will have the KP scenario of the past. Next to a non shooting big he probably ends up as a glorified floor spacer and with his questionable defense that´s not worth it. If Wood is on the floor he needs to be featured on offense.
Man, I just don't agree at all that they can't be on the floor together. You guys are both acting as if the spacing is so bad currently with Powell on the floor and the paint is constantly clogged. It's all about options. Wood will be a glorified spacer in that situation in that he can choose to take the wide open shot, or drive on his recovering defender. KP could not do that well enough and pouted because he wasn't good enough to do it either. We have some guys trying to do that on the team and Kidd is giving them the confidence to feel ok with doing it. Wood is a real world example of what we want to get to with all our spacers on offense IMO.

When he's either the lone big or with Maxi they can use him as the pick and roll/pop player or in a 5 out style. That's the versatility on offense he creates. He just needs someone else to be the defensive anchor. If he plays better defense as a 4 than 5, I'd rather have him in as a 4. This shifts DFS to play more 3 and Bullock to play more 2 and I think that is the issue you guys are pointing to. You want those guys to get rest, well, this is the way the FO chose to do it cause there are less minutes to take from the 2 and 3 spot. Of course, without the benefit of any games, this is all just theory, but I don't see why it is such a misguided issue. 

Seems like the hangup is in the title "big". I really don't see Maxi or Wood as a "big". Maxi on offense sticks to the corner almost exclusively, that's not a "big". He also doesn't control the paint and really isn't all that much of a rim protector, that's not a "big". Wood is more versatile on offense than Maxi which also doesn't help the "big" classification. On defense, he doesn't do "big" things either, until he shows he can. This is why "big wing" has become a term around here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by ItsGoTime - 10-07-2022, 10:47 AM