Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
Just to clarify a couple of things. The best defensive stretch of the season was in january when KP missed half of the month. Problem was the usual wear and tear that comes with smaller lineups. Wouldn´t be suprised if that was the time were they made the final decision to move him. Overall the Mavs defense was on pace to be better without KP but in the last 10-15 games they ran out of steam.  Maxi missed a lot of games. DFS and Bullock looked tired. Luka was his usual lazy self. If the idea is to have McGee as a guy that can take a beating and reduces the load of key guys I wouldn´t be as concerned.

My biggest concern is the amount of available minutes. Personally I just don´t see any way to pair Wood, Powell and McGee with each other. I don´t see any scenario where more than one of them can be on the floor.
If Wood shares the floor with Powell or McGee we will have the KP scenario of the past. Next to a non shooting big he probably ends up as a glorified floor spacer and with his questionable defense that´s not worth it. If Wood is on the floor he needs to be featured on offense.
As @"DanSchwartzgan" pointed out having Wood as the single big isn´t a good idea either. That leaves us with Wood/Kleber lineups as the only viable solution.
Making Maxi the most important big on the roster. In that sense I don´t think the Mavs have added flexibility. The pieces aren´t interchangeable and they are still heavily relying on Maxi. Can only hope that he stays healthy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-07-2022, 10:20 AM