Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-07-2022, 07:42 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: All I'm saying and have been saying is I think Powell will get some minutes.  You interpret that to mean Powell will get some minutes with Wood.  I don't believe I've ever said that.

Just a clarification:

The above is an opinion of mine, not something I've gleaned from you. You and I both agree Powell will get some minutes, and I would think that if you weren't here. I think it's obvious. I'm not suggesting Powell and Wood will play together because of anything you've written (though I do carefully consider your thoughts and find them to be insightful). As I've droned on about literally all summer, it's a simple matter of the balance and make up of their top 8-10 for me. 

In my opinion, the roster balance indicates that at least some people in the Mavs org see things working out this way, regardless of what the current announced starting lineup looks like:

Center: McGee/Powell (some Wood or Kleber in "special circumstances")
4: Wood/Kleber (some DFS in "special circumstances")

Now, a few people have dismissed this idea outright, and for the record I hope they're correct because I HATE the implications of this thinking. But, I simply cannot ignore how many pieces of the puzzle lock into place when you look at things from that angle. It explains why they'd think another guard isn't necessary (Luka/Dinwiddie/THJ with Bullock getting some minutes at the 2 is a CROWD). 

I think there are people here, on Mavs twitter and all over who are stuck in 2011 and think that "always a traditional two big lineup" thing is what's needed. Is Harrison one of them? Is Kidd? Is Finley? Is Cuban? Surely they can't all be that clueless, but that's just it - with so many new people involved, we just don't know

I obviously don't know that things will shake out that way, don't get me wrong. That it's even an option to go that way scares me to death. 

Imo, the two-big lineup should be the "special circumstances" option, not the other way around. A team simply shouldn't have four (4!!!) bigs in their top 8 players in today's NBA.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by KillerLeft - 10-07-2022, 08:35 AM