Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-06-2022, 03:05 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think its really important to point out that those three teams you are mentioning have elite mobile bigs that allow you to play a switch heavy defense (Green, Bam, Horford/Williams although I thought they play drop coverage with Williams).  The closest thing we have to that is Maxi.  Come playoff time we will probably be throwing Maxi/Wood out there 30 minutes a game in a switch heavy defense.  The other 18 minutes will be a scramble to see what works, but I would rather have the option of McGee than not.  Its not like Powell didn't get played off the court in the playoffs either.

That´s why I said that I thought the Mavs were heading into the right direction last season. I get that they needed to upgrade Powell but I would have prefered a different direction. A more mobile big or a wing instead of a player like McGee.
Feels like they are going away from one of the key strengths that lead to a deep playoff run. Even if they only plan to use McGee for 15 minutes per game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-06-2022, 04:14 PM