Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-06-2022, 02:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Fair enough. 

I have read several suggestions about needing the second big to help the first one when he gets beat off of the dribble. In the "nuclear NBA" era, my assertion is that whomever that second guy is probably needs to keep his ass planted in the corner and NOT help in the paint because a few blow-by easy layups are actually kind of preferable to nonstop open corner 3's. Just ask Utah. 

But, sure. Our team is on this path, for better or worse. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

You could make that argument the other way when we prioritized protecting the 3 against the Warriors and got slaughtered at the rim.  The math says you need to protect the rim first.  A wide open 3 is probably a little over 40% average in the NBA.  That is maybe 1.3 points per possession.  A blow-by layup is probably closer to 90%, which is 1.8 points per possession (I know its not this simple).

I'm not really sure what path this team is on.  We needed to upgrade the frontcourt and we had very limited assets.  If you planned on pairing Wood with Maxi, we still needed an upgrade over Powell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by mvossman - 10-06-2022, 03:17 PM