Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-06-2022, 10:54 AM)mvossman Wrote: I don't do a lot of on/off research, but my understanding is that the team DEFRTG was better with KP on the court than off.

I don't expect this to sway you, and I type this knowing you'll roll your eyes and call me a dinosaur as you read it, but after watching this team try to make Porzingis a viable piece of the puzzle for a couple of seasons, my position is that any stat claiming the Mavs were a better team with him than without is a stat I probably won't be giving much weight to in the future. 

Again, that's not intended to be aggressive towards you or analytics at all. I just HATED the way the team played with him on the floor, with the exception of a few stretches during which he manned the 5 by himself competently. @"DanSchwartzgan" would probably still tell you that Powell/Porzingis together was their best option, and he'll have data to support it, too. While I actually like Powell more than anyone here other than him and there were things about that approach that worked, I just turned the page on that plan for a variety of reasons and sorry, I'm just not excited about trying it again, even with a different player. 

McGee or Powell with DFS or Kleber, sure. 

Wood with DFS or Kleber, fine. 

McGee or Powell with Wood is something I am just not excited about trying. I hope they get it out of their system early and aren't too stubborn about it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by KillerLeft - 10-06-2022, 11:28 AM