Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-06-2022, 09:37 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Absolutely. It's not about deciding who the 5 best are and starting them, imho. It's about synergy and system. 

If they're starting McGee there is almost no choice but to use him as a screener to start off games. If you don't do that, he's literally not getting guarded. Since you're locked into 1-5 pick and roll as your starting offensive approach most nights, it makes all the sense in the world to have a catch-and-shoot guy spacing for that action, giving it a chance to be successful, and not running your second (out of two) creator into the ground when he's not the offensive focus.

I was ho-hum on the McGee signing.  I was fine with it but to be honest I was expecting someone younger or with more upside as our FA signing.   I liked what I saw in the scrimmage though.  I know it was only an intra-squad scrimmage though.   He just feels much bigger when he is in the paint.  Maybe he won't be as connected to Luka as Powell is, but my hope his added size creates even more defense scrambling when he roles.  Both on rim running and offensive rebounds.   If that is the case, it will open up even more open looks from the perimeter.   I will be anxious to see how he impacts the team defensively as well.   After the KP trade, we were really short handed but our front court really battled and at least kept up respectable on defense.   Does having a bigger body in the lane help things out?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by Chicagojk - 10-06-2022, 09:56 AM