Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-05-2022, 11:29 PM)cow Wrote: I've long wanted to see if a 6th man role akin to Kanter/Randle could be successful.  Gifted bigs who could get their own, especially against weaker second units.  Maybe Wood is a good player for that test.  When Luka and Spencer are off the floor, hand him the keys and let him cook.  

Unless they find a way to bring in a legit backup point guard, I think this is exactly how the second unit will have to play for now. That stretch where we ran the offense through Wood was probably a pretty good preview of how we're going to play this year when Luka and Dinwiddie aren't on the floor. 

Wood looked good once he got into a groove during that stretch and I see no reason why he can't continue to do that all year. You can already see that he's a pretty dynamic scorer, able to generate offense a few different ways, whether it's shooting the three, rolling to the rim, or taking big guys off the dribble. I really like that about Wood, he allows us to give the opposing defense a different look instead of being pretty much locked into the predictable drive and kick style we were in last year with the Luka/Brunson/Dinwiddie driven team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win - by sterlingmallory - 10-06-2022, 04:43 AM