Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-05-2022, 10:08 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Any chance this changes with more organized, starter-like spacing?  Or does Greens hustle on defense solidify him as 3rd best PG for you?

Seems like Hardy can score...which this team needs.  Also can handle the ball, finish at the rim even after contact and can shoot.   I dont know too much about his mistakes on defense or if he makes a lot of bad passes...but I kind of give him the hall pass tonight on shooting so much late game...he was the only one capable and it was a close game.

I zero in on ball hogging shooters...in my opinion Dorsey was the offense killer with his shots any time he touched the ball.  Maybe Hardy was too...but it didnt jump off the screen like Dorsey's bad shots.

But...I guess my question doesnt matter if the opinion is that Luka can do the scoring and we need defense around Luka.

Green's hustle on defense doesn't make him a PG.
And he won't be.
There's is nothing to solidfy.
Green can bring up the ball and make the right pass, but he's never going to be a PG.
Asking him to be one is just asking for trouble.
But at this point, if the Mavs do not sign a PG (or Wright), Green is the next best PG option after Luka and Din.
Seeing Wright calm the team down, just proves any real PG out there > the fake PGs the Mavs would like to run with.

About Hardy, I'm just saying he can't be the PG when all he is looking at is to score. It's a good look for him specially in the fourth where no one on the floor can score on their own. It's not ball hogging when you are the offense. Now when he gets to play with the regulars, I still expect Hardy to shoot more and pass less. He is a scorer and that's what he should be doing. Would be good to pair him with Green as Hardy looks to me like the better dribbler. These two can take turns in bringing up the ball in non-Luka and non-Din lineups.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • ballsrchr, BoredAssistant
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | Oct 5, 7 pm - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 10-05-2022, 10:32 PM