Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Pistons 111
Yes, thank you Slur. These are always great.

I most appreciate the analysis. The what happened and who said what are interesting too. But that info is generally available elsewhere. Actual analytical thought re what’s improving and regressing? That’s hard to find. Fish and staff used to do it. But they’re plainly devoting 99% to the Cowboys these days. So Slur, you’re the best source on the planet.

My 2 cents:

1. What Luka wants to do: Jack up threes. What Luka has learned he can do with world-class effectiveness: Drive to the hole. The double-high picks were extremely effective last night. But the reason, as I see it, is the same. Luka coming off a screen and driving to the hoop = wide open looks for someone. Pick your poison.

2. What Kristaps wants to do: Jack up threes. What Kristaps is just starting to do with the Mavs: Drive to the hole. I recall 3 times last night. Perhaps there were more. KP gives a pump fake and then puts the ball on the floor. With his stride, 1 dribble can cover the distance. And that 4th Q slam in Drummond's face? Plus the snarl? That was downright nasty.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Pistons 111 - by Jommybone - 12-13-2019, 11:32 AM