Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | 98-96 win
(10-05-2022, 07:19 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: His assertion was 6-10 minutes for the first 20 games and you've carved out five already.  So, you aren't that far apart. 

Yeah, I got what he was saying. But as I noted ("You only have 5 minutes left over to do all of the following: (a) play some of the players above a few more minutes, (b) give minutes to any of Franky, Bertans, Hardy, Dorsey, Pinson, and (c ) play Powell") what tiny minutes are left over feels to me like it's feeding a LOT of mouths rather than all necessarily being used to please Powell, and I'm more inclined to expect we see Powell as one of those "be ready" guys (as RC used to call them) rather than a regular part of the rotation. We'll see.

I don't expect he will be showcased for a possible trade, fwiw, since his potential value is in his expiring contract and not from someone desperate for his play. imo

(10-05-2022, 07:19 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I'm also not sure Wood is getting 28 in the first 20 games.  I think that's probably his season average assuming things go well, but maybe not to start.  It also seems like, based on the televised practice, that Wood may not get the center minutes most envisioned.  That means the potential for 48 center minutes being shared by McGee, Maxi and Powell...at least to start the season..

I think Wood is the backup C and will be slotted to take most of the minutes after McGee. I think Maxi will slide over to the 4, since he is more 3-and-D and a better defender (especially on the perimeter), and that Maxi will get minutes left at C, plus minutes at the 4 behind DFS.

And there are so many mouths to feed already, that there's basically nothing left for Powell (until someone is sitting a game).

Even if we see a minute or two less being given to one of these guys, there's others who are higher on the priority list, and not penciled in for enough.

Something like this:
C - MeGee (15), Wood (28 or less), Maxi (5 or more)
PF - DFS (33 or less), Maxi (15 or more)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 1: DAL @ OKC | Oct 5, 7 pm - by F Gump - 10-05-2022, 03:01 PM