Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Kings 110
There's a lot of talk right now that Luka complains too much to the refs. I think you have to work the refs, it's just part of the game and he gets fouled a lot. LeBron and Harden complain on every play too. He is that tier of player so he deserves to get star treatment. There's conventional wisdom out there that working the refs will backfire, but if that was the case then Harden wouldn't be getting infinity calls for his fouls. He has the cheapest fouls in the NBA but he gets the calls consistently and his constant complaining definitely doesn't hurt him. I would argue that it more helps than hurts, especially when you are actually getting fouled. It's not going to help someone like Dorian Finney Smith, but a star like Luka absolutely needs to get more calls. He has been getting terrible no-calls at home.

I know it's annoying to watch as a fan, but if it didn't work they wouldn't be doing it. Same with flopping. It's all about gaining an advantage, and if you go to the basket every other minute you should be getting more than zero trips to the free throw line in the first quarter.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Kings 110 - by StepBackJay - 12-09-2019, 02:47 PM